20192019.04.17 Leitz Photographica Auction at the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar Since its renaming to ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’, the latest, and now 34th in the series of camera auctions previously organised by ‘WestLicht Photographica Auction’, will be taking place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on 8 June 2019 in the World of Leica in the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar. Registered bidders and visitors with a passion for photographica can look forward to finding a multitude of exclusive collector’s pieces manufactured by Leitz/Leica. To accompany the auction, the World of Leica Experience in Leitz-Park is currently showing a temporary exhibition on the subject of ‘Auctions’.
- 2019.03.08 Leica Fortis 6 Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a new riflescope with 6x zoom at IWA OutdoorClassics 2019. The Leica Fortis 6 combines a sleek design with the highest optical imaging performance. Outstanding detail recognition, a wide field of view, and unique contrast deliver exceptional viewing comfort – from dawn to dusk.
- 2019.03.07 Leica Q2: The new generation of the compact camera with a full-frame sensor and a fast prime lens Leica Camera AG presents the Leica Q2 – the next-generation model of the Leica Q line of cameras. With a newly developed full-frame sensor, a fast Leica Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens, fast autofocus and innovative OLED EVF viewfinder technology, the new model carries the performance attributes and timelessly elegant design of its predecessor into the next generation and offers a range of new features and functions. It is the only camera in its class with protective sealing against dust and water spray and is ideally equipped for shooting in all weather conditions.
- 2019.02.28 New prime lens for the Leica SL-System The launch of the APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens marks a further addition to the portfolio of high-performance lenses for the Leica SL-System. Innovative production methods and new technologies paired with exceptional imaging performance make the latest lens of the Summicron-SL series the new reference among reportage focal lengths. Thanks to the L-Mount standard used for this lens, the APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH. is also fully compatible with cameras manufactured by other partners of the L-Mount Alliance with the lens mount developed by Leica.
- 2019.02.26 Leica Camera AG & pmd Expand Partnership with New 3D Camera Leica Camera AG and pmdtechnologies ag, the leading fabless IC supplier of high-performance Time-of-Flight (ToF) depth sensing solutions, today announced the next milestone of their strategic alliance to jointly develop and market 3D sensing camera solutions for mobile devices. The partnership has created “Holkin”, a new reference design specifically developed for mobile applications.
- 2019.02.11 Leica M10-P ‘ASC 100 Edition’: The M for cinematographers With the M10-P ‘ASC 100 Edition’, Leica has created a fitting tribute to the world of cinema on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the American Society of Cinematographers. Comprising a Leica M10-P camera and a Leica Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH. lens, the set offers two specially tailored cine-look modes that make it an exclusive and professional tool for cinematographers and filmmakers. The set also includes a Leica VISOFLEX electronic accessory viewfinder and a Leica M-PL-Mount Adapter that enables the use of almost all PL mount cine lenses available on the market on the camera.
- 2019.02.07 Leica Camera AG presents three new design options in the Leica M-Lens portfolio Leica Camera AG presents new design versions of the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH., Leica Summaron-M 28 mm f/5.6 and Leica Summilux-M 28 mm f/1.4 ASPH. lenses for the Leica M-System. The special series of the three lenses are distinguished by unique design highlights and are being offered in a limited number of examples. The performance and technical specifications of the lenses are otherwise identical to those of the serial production products.
- 2019.02.05 LOBA: The submission phase for entries for the prestigious photographic competition begins on 1 March 2019 Leica Camera AG is pleased to announce the starting date of the submission phase of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) 2019: professional and up-and-coming photographers can submit entries to the international photographic competition at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com from 1 March to 1 April 2019. Up-and-coming photographers will be particularly pleased to hear that the age limit in this category has been raised. This year is the first time that up-and-coming photographers up to the age of 28 can take part in the Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer competition.
- 2019.01.31 Leica Camera AG presents the Leica M10-P and the Leica Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 as limited ‘Safari’ editions Leica Camera AG is writing the next chapter in the success story of special editions finished in olive green enamel and now presents the latest model in this series – the Leica M10-P Edition ‘Safari’. Otherwise identical to the serial production model in terms of performance and technical specifications, the special features of this camera are its eye-catching olive green enamel finish and the accessories supplied with the camera.
- 2019.01.07 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM With the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents the first Leica rangefinder with integrated Bluetooth. Together with the specially designed smartphone app, this offers limitless freedom and precision. Combining precise distance measurement, the Leica ABC ballistics system, intuitive operation, Bluetooth technology and a unique design, Leica sets new standards as a pioneer in rangefinding.