20182018.03.08 NEW: Leica Tempus ASPH. With the new Tempus ASPH red dot sight, Leica Sport Optics makes hunting faster and more flexible. Leica is the first premium manufacturer to implement its red dot sight with asphere, guaranteeing an even crisper and more brilliant image of the illuminated dot, extremely high image quality as well as excellent viewing comfort.
- 2018.03.08 Leica Noctivid as edition in olive green With the Leica Noctivid Leica Sport Optics has set a new standard in observation optics. More than a century of experience forms the basis for this new generation of Leica binoculars, offering unprecedented quality. Next to the black version, the Leica Noctivid models are now also available with olive green armouring.
- 2018.03.08 New: Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’ Leica Camera AG presents an unusual special edition of its digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor: the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’. Comprising a camera and a Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens, the edition was designed by Marcus Wainwright, founder and owner of the New York fashion label ‘rag & bone’. The aim of his design concept is the individualised perfection of existing icons. With the M Monochrom camera, the dedicated Leica photographer and lover of black-and-white photography takes the unobtrusiveness of the camera to extremes to create a unique design concept with fluorescent highlights.
- 2018.03.01 LOBA 2018: Photographers can submit their entries to the prestigious photographic competition from 1 March to 5 April 2018 Starting today, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers under the age of 25 can submit online entries to the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) 2018 international photographic competition at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. Until 5 April 2018, all entrants have the opportunity to submit a self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between people and their environment with a watchful eye in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2017 and 2018 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period.
Leica Camera and pmdtechnologies announce a strategic technology cooperation to offer optimized lenses for 3D sensor solutions
In context of the Mobile World Congress Leica Camera AG and pmdtechnologies ag, the leading fabless IC supplier of high-performance Time-of-Flight (ToF) depth sensing solutions, today announced a strategic alliance to jointly develop and market 3D sensing camera solutions for mobile devices. The partnership utilizes the core competencies of both companies to develop optimized lenses for the specific requirements of 3D depth sensing solutions. With tailor-made optics the partners address the increasing demand especially from the mobile device segment for highly efficient lenses with compact dimensions. The spatial proximity of the two companies allows a particularly fast and efficient coordination during development, testing and optimization of the lenses for the 3D sensor systems.
- 2018.02.12 Leica Q ‘Snow’ by Iouri Podladtchikov Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: the Leica Q ‘Snow’ by Iouri Podladtchikov. This limited edition has been created in collaboration with Swiss world champion snowboarder (halfpipe) Iouri Podladtchikov, whose own ideas inspired the design of the camera.
- 2018.02.01 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2018 The prestigious international photographic competition staged by Leica Camera AG enters the next round. From 1 March to 5 April 2018, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers aged up to 25 will be able to submit entries for the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award online. The competition calls for the submission of self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographers perceive and document the interaction between man and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2017 and 2018 or work from long-term projects including at least one photograph made in this period. Entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com from 1 March 2018.
- 2018.01.15 New prime lenses for the Leica SL-System: Superior performance and the finest arts of engineering in compact design The APO-Summicron-SL 75 mm f/2 ASPH. and the APO-Summicron-SL 90 mm f/2 ASPH. are the first two of a new line of high-performance lenses for the Leica SL-System. The focal lengths of the two SL-Lenses are ideal for all genres of photography and are particularly suitable for portraiture. While the APO-Summicron-SL 75 mm f/2 ASPH., for example, enables natural portraits, the APO-Summicron-SL 90 mm f/2 ASPH. is a classic focal length for portraiture and creates the often desired slight compression of perspectives. Both lenses are perfectly matched to the SL-System and – just like all currently available and future SL-Lenses – have been designed and constructed for a long service life in professional use.
- 2018.01.04 A new era of laser rangefinding Leica Geovid binoculars set the standard in the segment of laser rangefinding, and they are reliable and indispensable companions for many hunters. With the first Leica Geovid binoculars Leica started a new era of responsible expert hunting 25 years ago. Now Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) has upgraded its successful Geovid models by essential technical features – setting new standards.
20172017.12.14 Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’: Special limited edition in a unique look Leica Camera AG presents a new addition to the Leica rangefinder system – the Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’ in a special limited edition. The unique feature of this camera edition is its colour scheme. The top plate and the baseplate of the Leica M (Typ 262) are machined from solid aluminium and anodized in red. This lends the camera a unique look that perfectly matches the colour of the special edition of the Leica Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. lens released in 2016. The exclusiveness of this striking edition is further underlined by the strictly limited number of examples: As was the case with the lens, the Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’ edition is also strictly limited to 100 examples of the camera for the world market, each with a unique serial number. The Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’ is available from today.